Saturday, November 29, 2008
Co-Cathedral of Saint Joseph
Diocese of Burlington Vermont.
Founded in 1850 as the first French-Canadian national parish in New England, the parish church of St. Joseph was rededicated on Easter Sunday, April 10, 1887, and it has been renovated three times: in 1920; 1968 and 2001 In October 1999, it was elevated to the rank of a co-cathedral.
The Co-Cathedral is an exemplary example of French-Canadian baroque, and it is arguably the most beautiful Catholic church in the whole of the Diocese of Burlington.
Posted by Scranton Priest at 11:04 AM