Saturday, November 29, 2008
Cathedral of St. Augustine (Ct)
Diocese of Bridgeport Con.
St. Augustine Cathedral in Bridgeport, Connecticut was built in 1869, though it is not the largest church in the diocese it was nevertheless chosen to be the seat of the bishops of Bridgeport in 1953 upon the split of the new diocese from the Archdiocese of Hartford.
It went through a major renovation in 2003 and its capacity was expanded to 750 people.
Posted by Scranton Priest at 7:16 AM